Sam Johnson and Carl Jenkinson

14 posts in this topic

The Mail is reporting that loan deals for these two are close to being agreed.

Johnson is a Man U keeper. I don't know much about him if I'm honest.

Jenkinson is a bit better known. Had a bad injury last season when on loan at West Ham. Hopefully he will represent an improvement on Hutton at RB.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-manchester-united-12303412

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-defender-carl-jenkinson-lined-12303534

Jenkinson was excellent for West Ham last season. He does get a few injuries but at his best he'd be a big improvement on Hutton.

We do need back up in GK department so both of these make sense.

Jenkinson would make me happy, yes Hutton puts 150% every game but it's the going forward which is the problem!

Jenkintown I would say defensively is on a par with Hutton, maybe slightly under possibly, but going forward this boy can play, he can even cross it in the box with a decent bit of quality

With Big Sam I'm with the rest that I know nothing about him just as has been mentioned he's manure trained,mind you we thought that of Djemba x2!

I'm not sure about this. We're taking a risk on loan with a young goal keeper. Will he be any better than Gollini when he's given the first team responsibility at a team? I don't like pulling in a loan player to stunt the development of our own young players. If we were going for a loan keeper, surely it should be an experienced keeper?

Hopefully he's up to scratch.

Neither Bunn , or Gollini fill me full of confidence however if this lad is that good , if he has this much potential , why have no prem side snapped him up that is the only question i would ask . It may be the " Bruce connections " @ Manure pulled this deal through i dunno . Just hope he is better than we have here already , and if he is that there is a buy after the loan period in place

Signed Johnstone again on a one year loan. Not sure I'd there's an option to buy him after, I guess that would depend on us going up. He maybe out of contract at the end of this season,not sure so could have him for nothing.

Fair play to him coming back.

There is a lot of talk that United have triggered a clause in Johnstone's contract to extend for another year. They have no intention of playing him, but know they will get a bigger fee. Also means they are unlikely to sell him in Jan.

I think the only chance we have of keeping hold of him next year is to get promoted. Otherwise you would have to think an EPL team will come in for him. 

1 hour ago, herman22 said:

There is a lot of talk that United have triggered a clause in Johnstone's contract to extend for another year. They have no intention of playing him, but know they will get a bigger fee. Also means they are unlikely to sell him in Jan.

I think the only chance we have of keeping hold of him next year is to get promoted. Otherwise you would have to think an EPL team will come in for him. 

Would agree with that. He's been excellent this year. Hopefully we can go up and keep him.