with heavy heart

4 posts in this topic

It is with heavy heart that I will be saying good bye to the AVFC  forum. It was once an extension of my family. I enjoyed reading posts by Sir Rusty and others. But like all family members they move on. Now there are only a few of us left. At times a match thread isn't even started until after the game. The discussion points are only now the opinions of about half a dozen of us. 

I have registered to Villa Talk. I will pop in now and again to see how you are 

All the best

Rob

Fair enough mate. This forum does seem to have run its course. This used to be a great place to fill an idle moment, but for a while now it's been a bit rudderless, nobody new joins anymore, the old crew can't seem to be bothered and in truth even the mods seem to have given up on keeping the site relevant in terms of correcting/updating things, like the double Ipswich match thread for example, which I'm guessing is still hanging around.

Anybody new coming here and seeing that kind of thing and lack of posts would think this place isn't worth their time. Having said that, thanks to everyone for all their efforts in the past. I came to this place as an émigré from the OS, specifically to enjoy a bit of banter and opinion on a match day, and I loved it. Sadly the energy has gone, so I think I'll join Rob at Villa Talk.

If anyone wants to read my one and only opinion about playing the youth repeated and dressed up in different ways, I'll keep my moniker as AvonVillain (and expect someone to tell me why the "i" is out of place), but probably move on from the Jack Kerouac tuning into the radio avatar. Who was I kidding? Incredible how much time I've wasted and still intend to waste on this club.

Cheers, Paul.

Sad to see you go Rob, but can't say I blame you. There are few keeping this forum going at the moment. But it has lost what it once had. 

I think the last few years have taken a lot from the fans! 

If Rob and Avon are going I'll probably do the same. I've grown fond of this forum and it's posters but as Avon says it seems to have run its course.

I'll continue to pop in and contribute if others are, but losing Rob and Avon is a heavy blow and unless there are people lurking it doesn't seem like the content is going to be on the rise any time soon.

In any case wishing you all the very best for 2018. If I do stop posting here sooner rather than later, thank you to everyone who made me welcome, you know who you are. It doesn't go unnoticed.